COMMITTED TO EDUCATION
In 1986, Chanticleer began a formal education program (called Singing in the Schools). Today, Chanticleer's 12 singers, Music Director, Education Director Ben Johns, and special guest artists bring the beauty, joy, and discipline of choral music to students of grades 5-12, as well as adults of college age and beyond across the country.
Chanticleer takes a multi-tiered approach to education outreach, serving as a means of discovery for students new to singing (or to formal music instruction in general) and as a valuable source of expert training for more advanced singers, both youth and adult. Across all levels of musical familiarity and expertise, participants in our programs also gain formative insight into the nature of a career in the arts through their close interaction with professional musicians.
- To encourage an appreciation and understanding of music
- To bring cultural opportunities to students who may not otherwise have the opportunity to work and study with professional artists
- To increase students' exposure to music and demonstrate that a career in the arts is possible
- To provide professional vocal master classes to young singers
- To assist choral teachers by providing technical expertise, training, and repertoire assistance